Stainless Steel Wire Cylinder Brushes
Stainless steel wire cylinder brushes are suitable for work on stainless steel and aluminum fabricated products, for use in direct food-contact applications, and in higher heat situations than appropriate for a steel wire cylinder brush. Cylindrical stainless steel brushes are also ideal in environments where the brush wire may be exposed to moisture or high humidity on a repeated basis. We feature 304 Stainless Steel wire to offer a higher analysis wire to customers working on either 302 or 304 stainless work pieces.
Stainless steel wire is generally recommended for continuous operating temperatures up to 600°F. Temperatures above this level call for a more specialized wire such as Inconel (600).
The following types of Stainless Steel wire are available to build cylinder brushes:
|Wire Type Designation||Description||Size Range|
|304 Stainless: Crimped||Our Standard Stainless Wire; High Fatigue, Hard Drawn, Non-magnetic||0.0035″ through 0.0204″ diameter|
|316 Stainless||A Premium Stainless for Special Situations; Hard Drawn, Non-magnetic||Stocked in 0.006″ and 0.008″ diameters. Other sizes on special order.|
Cylindrical stainless steel wire brushes are ideal for conveyor cleaning or wide face brushing or cleaning in production environments. Spiral wound stainless steel cylinder brushes are based on our strip brush technology, and are individually designed to meet each customer’s specifications. Paddle wheel style stainless steel conveyor cleaning brushes also utilize our strip brush technology and offer a customer-refillable brush core.
Spiral Brush has stainless steel cylinder brush design experience in a broad range of applications including:
- Conveyor cleaning cylinder brushes
- Bakery oven conveyor cleaning cylinder brushes
- Material handling applications
- Production environments with high heat and / or humidity
- Cleaning metal parts without removing any of the base material
- Satin finishing aluminum extrusions or sheet
To learn more about stainless steel cylinder brushes, view our PDF catalog or contact us.
Stainless Steel Cylinder Brush Mounting Options:
- Shaft: We can manufacture a solid or tubular shaft to your drawings or specifications, or you can supply your own shaft. Shafts may include keyways as required for drive purposes. Stainless steel cylindrical brushes can be welded directly to the shaft or secured by means of metal clips attached to the shaft. Brushes mounted on a shaft are typically refillable as long as the shaft remains in good condition.
- Throw-Away Core: For the convenience of easy replacement, we can assemble the cylinder brush on an economical thin wall tube with end-bushings to be mounted onto the customer’s driven shaft. Rather than maintaining a spare brush on hand and returning the entire worn brush for refill, simply order a new brush and install it in the place of the old brush.
- Refillable Core: For a more economical long term solution, the core can be made from heavier wall tube and can be returned for refill multiple times. The shaft or journals may be an integral part of the core design or may be removable for ease of replacement. Refilling saves the cost of remaking the shaft or core.
- Unmounted Brush Refill: Customers may choose to buy the loose wound brush coil to mount on their own shaft or cores.
- Dynamic Balancing: For cylinder brushes operating at higher speeds, in excess of 350 to 500 revolutions per minute and depending on size and weight considerations, dynamic balancing ismay be recommended to reduce vibration and improve the consistency of brushing action.
- Crating: Due to weight, size, and other shipping considerations, cylinder brushes over a certain size will be considered for packaging in a wooden crate which may be reused for future refill transportation purposes. This determination is made at the time of brush design, and the cost of the crate is quoted separately.
To learn more about cylinder brush mounting options, contact us.
Contact Spiral Brush For Your Cylindrical Stainless Steel Brush Needs
Our engineers and experienced customer service associates work with you to understand the application, the material to be brushed, the desired finish, the operating environment, and the equipment on which your stainless steel cylinder brush will be installed. We will help you to determine the appropriate core, shaft, channel size and brush materials, establish power requirements, a recommended range of operating speed, and determine the need for dynamically balancing the cylinder brush. To learn more about stainless cylinder brushes, or to request a quote, contact Spiral Brushes today.